Friday, January 11, 2008

A Night on the Border

A and I ran for the Border(s) tonight - not Taco Bell, but the bookseller. I tend not to go to bookstores too often since I try not to purchase books, and I especially avoid big box bookstores, but we had a nice evening and I accomplished yet another of my 101 goals.

Number 47: Identify my favorite section of the bookstore - Completed.

I added this to my list of goals, because shortly before starting the 101 goals project, someone asked me which section was my favorite and I didn't have an answer. Not just because I don't visit bookstores, but because whenever I do, I'm overwhelmed by the many sections and subjects that I find interesting. A pointed out tonight what a balm it was for the soul to look at great photographs - while I enjoyed that part, too, the section that really made me happy to be there was the FOOD section! I read about vegan cooking, cupcakes, wine and wok cooking tonight and learned a lot. More importantly, I learned which books were worth another look and which ones I really didn't need. I didn't purchase any books, but I did order a couple from the library, including Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Can't wait!

Yum....

No comments: