Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Best Friends' Weddings

My friend is getting married, but she's not having a wedding. Or a reception. Okay, that's not entirely true, because she and her partner are having a very small ceremony to exchange vows and rings, but they aren't inviting, well, anyone. And I am having a reaction to this. It has happened before and that's part of it. She deserves better and that's part of it. But probably the biggest part of it is that it's hard when the nature of friendships change. It's hard to swallow that my presence is not only not the most important thing, but seemingly not even a little bit important.

Seems like there's a lot more to say about this and all the thoughts I've had about weddings lately, but I just find the whole subject exhuasting.

No comments: