Monday, August 31, 2009
Thursday, August 27, 2009
I should have cleaned this morning, but got distracted by A & E, no not the channel (we don't do cable), but the people - first, A joined me upstairs and then E called after A had gone off to work, so I spent much of my early starting morning with them. I did, however, get some things done today, including:
- ordering my birth certificate long distance
- calling several patients that I need to follow up with
- getting all the things collected that I need for my event tonight
- sending several letters that needed to go out in the mail
- picking up dry dog food and raw meat to make fresh dog food
- getting fingerprinted for my licensing application
So, I'm heading off for some prep time at my event location, giving the talk/demo and then heading home as soon as possible. Maybe I shouldn't be drinking coffee these days - I think it just makes the mania stronger.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
- Clean bathroom x 2
- Clean kitchen
- Change sheets in bedroom and guest bedroom
- Vacuum/sweep entire house, including spider webs
- Dust entire house
- Make raw dog food, buy dry dog food
- Start sauerkraut and pickles
- Start kombucha
- Start sprouts
- Blanch and freeze green beans
- Find a recipe for fresh garbanzo beans and make it
- Shred and freeze zucchini
- Make yummy raw borscht
- Figure out how to make beet green palatable
- Make eggplant rawvioli and eggplant dip
- Plan meals for the rest of the week, including brown bag lunches for A and I!
And that all depends on which of the veggies have gone rotten in the fridge. I'm giving away two heads of lettuce today, because we just can't keep up - we're salad'ed out! If I end this week with no fruits and veggies in the bin, I think I'll actually be a happy woman!
$300 Exam Fee - second time around ($600)
$180 Practice Test Website Subscription Fee ($780)
$55 Practive Test Website Subscription Extension Fee ($835)
$15 iPhone Practice Test Application ($850)
$65 Hypnosis Session ($915)
+ Supplements for Brain Function ($925)
+ Coffee and food while studying out and about ($950)
Passing My Final Board Exam: Priceless
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Keeping social obligations nil this week, because I'm studying hard for my last board exam. I just worked for 2.5 hours straight then broke for a late lunch and after this post, I'm back at the books for another 2.5 hours.
A misheard me Sunday night when I told him and some other friends that I wouldn't be out much (socially) this week due to my exam next Tuesday. Somehow he heard me say that I had an event at the Siam Society this Tuesday and we went around and around for hours before we figured that out, because I swore that I didn't know anything about an event at the Siam Society.
The CSA weighs on my mind. I haven't been blogging what we get because I just don't know. I haven't been keeping up with knowing what we get or doing anything with it. I know we get lettuce every week and I think that two grown salad-eating adults with healthy appetites should be able to get through a head of lettuce every week, but I've had to start giving it away. I'm making pickles and sauerkraut this weekend (and freezing green beans) to try not to lose everything. We also got a beautiful eggplant, with which I look forward to making rawvioli.
So, it's back to the books now for me and the window out of which I hope to spy the little squirrel that I watched rolling around in the dirt while I ate my lunch. I grabbed take-out and drove back to the library, parked in the shade and listened to my book on CD while I ate. He was little and really cute and I wished I had a video camera to film his adorable antics. That and some food will have to sustain me a couple more hours while I finish my studying for today.