Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On Blogging

I've been thinking about how much time I spend blogging and how I wish I could have been writing my thesis in small chunks like this all along the past year. I even said this week that I understand now that I may never write a book. Writing articles sounds much more appealing and any published book could just be a compilation of these articles.

Another blogger who I read regularly just wrote about blogs that are topic specific and it got me wondering about the possibilities of blogging daily and then creating that as a book. That's what I tried to do the first two times I blogged (this is the third and only ongoing incarnation) - the first blog was all about dating, because I had so much to say on the subject and the second was supposed to be about healing/health, but I never wrote more than my basic introduction. I think these types of blogs can be very interesting and/or informative when you are seeking that kind of information or entertainment, but I find myself only reading those blogs that are about people's lives. I find people's stories, the good, the bad, the ugly, the boring and the touching to be fascinating and retain my interest.

For myself, I find blogging to be a freedom. To express myself and reveal myself. In my blog, I am not perfect. It's sometimes a celebration and sometimes a confession. More often, I think it's just a snapshot for me to figure out where I am on the path.

No comments: