Tuesday, May 1, 2007

House Arrest

I'm looking over my schedule and realized that I have 2 weeks to study for my exit exam and finish writing my thesis. Then I have 2 weeks until my thesis defense. Then I have two weeks to study for my last two Chinese Medicine board exams. Then I have two weeks until graduation. Then I have 4 weeks to study for 3 days worth of ND board exams. Wow. The next 8-12 weeks are going to be a doozy. I've got to keep my priorities in order.

So the plan is, effectively, house arrest. I'm not allowed to sign up for anymore social activities, especially those that are just huge parties where I'm not really going to feel connected to anyone. I can go bathing suit shopping, I can meet the hypnotherapist for coffee, I can celebrate my anniversary tonight, I can do those events that I've already signed up for and I can make time to spend with my partner's parents when they come later this month. That's actually a lot of things I can do, and only one significant can't do, but I think it will make all the difference.

My housemate and I also laid out a study schedule wherein she and I have 2 study dates a week with one another, no exceptions, for the next 6 weeks. Since I'm currently operating on zero study hours per week, the addition of these 6 hours should really help. I'm also going to endeavor to work out in the mornings since I hear this increases mental acuity throughout the day. If I throw in a little qigong everyday, maybe I'll manifest the "unstoppable force" that my friend suggested I would be.

No comments: