Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Intentions

I'm tired.

I didn't get enough sleep last night. Was out celebrating A's birthday early.

I didn't get enough sleep the night before. Was out helping a friend move (okay, watching A help a friend move) and playing Rock Band.

I am tired, but I'm still setting my intention to get a few things done this evening after work. When I start having Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday off from my market job (in 2 weeks), there is a very real risk that I will start Monday with a thorough house cleaning. Risk, because this is valuable time to get started on clinic projects and board studying and I don't want to be distracted by house work. So, I'm setting my intention to work with A to get our house picked up by Sunday evenings. Not just tonight, but every week.

When I first moved in, A cleaned the house thoroughly every weekend and I kept it picked up through the week, but we've fallen out of that habit and sometimes the dishes get pretty stacked up. No more. My intention for Sunday evenings is to:
  • Wash and put away all dishes, clean kitchen
  • Pick up bathroom and wipe everything down
  • Change sheets and vacuum bedroom
  • Pick up and organize office
  • Put away clothes (also in office and huge deterrent to working in there!)
  • Come up with a general outline for meals for the week
I'm hoping that with A's help, this will go fairly quickly and that if we do it every week, each week will require slightly less work. For example, if I put my clothes away every Sunday, there won't be 2 weeks worth of clean and dirty, tried on and discarded clothing to launder and/or put away every time. For that matter, the more things I try on and discard, the more my Goodwill bag should fill up!

I was just depressed to look around my office and see my study materials (which are currently on a folding table set up in an "L" with my desk for spread-out-ability) covered by misc other books, clothing and brick-a-brack, both my desk chair and my comfy chair buried in clothes, and both kitchen sinks full of dirty dishes, despite the 2 loads I ran in the dishwasher on Friday. (Luckily, two full sinks doesn't actually fill up the dishwasher, so empty and reload means done and done quickly tonight!)

This is all part of the Schedule Board Study Time plan - it's partly distraction, but also partly distraction avoidance. Will let you know how it goes.

No comments: