Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just. Keep. Breathing.

In my dance class, as in life, I keep breathing. I may not be breathing particularly well, but with or without my own volition, I'm going to keep doing it, breathing, that is. In addition to own particular brand of crazy, my life has been affected a lot lately by the relatively recent development of roller coaster ups and downs in my partner.

We were planning a vacation to Hawaii UP
but we decided to cancel, because of the layoff DOWN and DOWN
We might move somewhere exciting like Phoenix or China UP
but we might move somewhere really cold where I'm not licensable DOWN
We'll still take a vacation UP
but we'll probably go to a ski resort DOWN (I don't ski, I hate snow and I hate being cold)
Let's go out to dinner UP
but he doesn't know where he wants to go or what he wants to eat DOWN

Yesterday after work, I just felt wiped out and I couldn't figure out why. It was easy to point to a few proximal causes, but I think it's ultimately that there is just a friggin' lot going on at the moment. Every reason I state is true, but there is more underlying - I'm just exhausted. I wish I could say that I'm looking forward to getting some rest this week, but I'm working an extra day, so I won't actually get any time off until Friday, so I guess I'll just keep breathing, count to 10 and try to make it to the end of the week.

No comments: