Thursday, June 26, 2008

Peach Frozen Yogurt

It rocked.

Peaches: 6-7 peaches with bad spots cut off and pits removed (FREE)
1 c. Plain Fat Free Yogurt (FREE)
2 Tbsp brown sugar
Blend in blender. Freeze in ice cream maker.

Delicious, pretty much free ingredients (and you know how I love that!) and A says it was the best I've made so far.

I loved it, but I still am dreaming about Active Cultures which is so delicious I might faint. The fellow who helped us (one of the co-owners) was telling us about how their yogurt cultures are heated slightly to form spores so that the probiotics don't just bust open and die during freezing, so that you are actually getting the benefit of eating yogurt, even if it's frozen. That combined with the amazing texture and flavor means I'll probably be back - OFTEN!

He also helped me figure out the other fro-yo place Ree had mentioned and we saw another one on the way home, so I'll be tasting at those too. Fro-yo seems to be enjoying a come back and I'm glad to be a part of it. I just wish I knew how to keep my cultures live in freezing so that my home made fro-yo would also be live.

Speaking of frozen treats, I tried a couple more Haagen Daaz Reserve flavors - the salted caramel and the honey. They are both delicious and definitely interesting, but pomegranate chip is still the favorite. And I'm thrilled to know that this flavor is also available in a non-dairy version. Okay, it's too early in the morning to eat ice cream, so I better eat some brekki and get to work.

No comments: