Thursday, September 6, 2007

CopyCat Blogging

I'm a perpetrator of copycat blogging. I'm not copying another person's words - I'm not even paraphrasing. What I am doing is writing about similar material to another blogger on a regular basis - almost like a response. It's not that I'm not inspired to blog or that I don't have my own inventive ideas - it's that I like her blog, I like what she writes about and I often have thoughts on the subject. Not always new, interesting or even that different from hers, but something that I feel is worth writing about just for my own exploration. The ironic thing is that today's entry is all about going it alone, being independent, doing things without help.

I started writing about my move and using that as an example of how I go it alone, but that was just getting me down. The move itself was immensely depressing because despite hiring movers and taking many loads to the new place in my car (alone or with E), I still had to ask friends for help. Now that I'm moved, it's not as depressing, because I enjoy living alone and like having this space all to myself.

So, on reflection, I really don't have that much to say about doing things alone. I know I do it. I know I don't like asking for help. I know that I should ask for help and that it's okay to ask for help. But I also think it's become so ingrained into my personality that I don't even recognize when or how I do it.

So I guess it's a good thing that I asked E to hem my curtains for me, right?

No comments: