Monday, April 2, 2007

Thank YOU!

I was trying to work out what my thoughts were on a particular line my friend said this weekend and I couldn't quite get the posting right. I would like to say I realized the meta-message is that I am so grateful for the people in my life. I am at a place in my life where I am not spending time with people out of default (most of the time). Generally, I choose to spend time with people I enjoy. If you're reading this and know me, I CHOOSE YOU. Thank you for being the person you are and an important part of my life.

I also choose COMMUNICATION. I realized last night that my level of frustration this past week has been high because I have premeditated resentment (i.e., expectations) as well as swallowed responses thereto. I worked out for myself what the issues are the require being communicated and look forward to honestly, but compassionately (for me and the other person involved in this scenario) communicating my needs and desires. Instead of "not getting what I want, but getting what I need," I realize I'll never get what I need if I don't ask for it!

Finally, met goal #1 and have been spreading the word about 101 goals. I organized the list around themes and posted it in my office. One of my friends laughingly said I'll probably do a lot of goals in the first and last months - she may be right, but at least they'll have been made and met!

No comments: