Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Personal Style

Ever since I read this post, I've been pondering the idea of personal style, mostly in a navel gazing 'what is my personal style?' kind if way, but also noticing how other people reflect their personal style and what ideas and lifestyles I guess at or attribute to them based on what textiles they use to keep themselves warm. That, of course, makes me wonder what my clothes say about me.

I made a list of style elements that appeal: natural fabrics, relaxed fit, big silver and earthy jewelry, stones, earth tones, solid colors, neutrals, some bright colors, classic styles, men's styles, separates, natural make up, long hair.

I've looked online at books and services (this one and this one looked good for me) that could help me better define and establish my personal style and considered spending money for such services, but in the end, I just went shopping. After months of arriving to my professional job feeling like somebody's red-headed step child, I bought myself a few comfortable, professional, inter-mixable separates that I feel totally comfortable in. When I went out to dinner in the same clothes I wore to work, I knew I was on the right track.

No comments: