Thursday, October 30, 2008

First Completely Raw Dinner

Raw food dinner party last night. Our house, friends T and Ree attending. Plan: dinner and Rock Band. At the risk of being "that guy," we (okay, I) talked a lot about raw food and about high fructose corn syrup and sugar. Dinner was a hit and rock band was fun, though we (okay, I) did talk through it. Something about raw food makes me kind of manic.

Dinner:
Fresh green salad with tomotoes we picked from the farm this weekend. The tomatoes were the best part - so delicious.

Live pizza. Tried two types of raw pizza. Sergei's Live Pizza made with a flax crust and the same sauce on dehydrated eggplant slices. Both were delicious with toppings consisting of red and green peppers, julienned yam and parsley. (Don't ask me why parsley, all the books suggested it and I had some so I thought, 'why not?')

Dessert: raw apple crisp. The filling was apples, dates, raisins and cinnamon - some ground in the food processor and some sliced. The topping was walnuts, raisins, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and a bit of allspice. Freakin' delicious with no sugar or HFCS added.

Yum.

Then we watched Sarah Silverman's video about Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel's response. Did I mention that my friends told me about this blog/new book?

No comments: