I'm not one to suggest looking at the bright side at the expense of dealing with the real, legitimate and important experiences and feelings that are happening even if they are hard or ugly or uncomfortable, but I do remind myself that this, too, shall pass and a list of the positive experiences is a good reminder to myself that even in the dark times, beauty is blooming.
Today, I'm grateful for:
- the widening group of people that I think of as family
- the calm and centered feeling I've experienced all week
- having tonight and tomorrow free
- Chibo's enduring love and patience
- my brother calling me for help - even though I'm not sure what I can do, it means a lot that he called me ... and that nothing can rock our relationship as siblings