Thursday, October 9, 2008

An Honest Day's Work

Worked my shift at the clinic, nothing doing in afternoon, so I left about an hour after my shift ended and came home. I picked up lunch and decided rather than crawl into bed, I would make the most of my day. And so I did:

I took out 1 bag of trash.
I recycled 2 bags of plastic from inside the house.
I unpacked at least 6 boxes.
I recycled all the packing paper immediately and broke down the boxes for recycling.
I found the remaining boxes containing food (made harder by my mixed packing methods).
I discovered new cupboards in the kitchen.
I located my travel coffee cup and brought the dog food in.

Then I went out for dinner. By the time we got home, I was beat! No need for sleep aids when your body is bone weary. Now that I'm up on the day after, I do regret, just slightly, not taking more time to put the unpacked things away. Every burner on the stove, every inch of counter space, the entire kitchen table, the bar in the living room and yes, even the kitchen sink, are covered in misc kitchen stuff. I can get a glass of water, but that's about it. Oh well, I guess that's tonight's project.

No comments: