Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day 4: The Universe Gives You What You Want

So I left work early on Tuesday and stayed home Wednesday, also known as Days 2 and 3.  And then returned to work, pretty well ready to get back into the fray, only to have most of my patients cancel.  All told, I had 5 cancellations, though not all were last minute.  That's got to be some kind of record for me.  I wish I could say that with all that extra time, I followed my cleanse rules or at least caught up at work, but no.  I headed out to the local teriyaki place and wolfed down the lunch special which is a huge serving of white rice, fatty chicken, sweet teriyaki sauce with a spring roll and a small side of steamed cabbage.

It's delicious and they get me every time because it's so easy to order "lunch special" which includes a drink for $6 instead of bento for $4 which is a much more appropriate sized portion with no corn syrup or alternatively sweetened poison to wash it down with.  After eating my kings feast of meat and white food for lunch, I had to walk it off because I felt like I would burst.  This is what I need to remember before I engage in binge eating - how I feel after I binge eat: awful, sick, heavy, stuffed.  So I walked around until my staff texted me that my next appointment cancelled.  Then I sat at a picnic table and played video games until I couldn't justify staying out any longer.

And now I'm finishing the day with brownies.  Because I made them before the cleanse and can't stand throwing them in the compost.  And because I want their sweet delicious goodness more than I want to do a cleanse right now.

No comments: