Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dear Rich Folks...

Dearest Rich Folks,

I hope that this note finds you well and prosperous. Especially prosperous, because I would love to share in your prosperity. I am a hard working, educated thirty something. I have a great credit rating and have done all the things my parents and their generation said I should do...get an education, avoid bankruptcy, don't rely on other people for money/support...and I'm struggling. In fact, I would say that I am crippled by debt - unable to imagine a future without payments greater than my income.

I'm not in debt from frivolous living, but from getting said education. The vast majority of my debt is in the form of student loans with less than 10% in the form of a line of credit that I used to support myself during school and for the three months between jobs while attending school full time.

I don't know if you can imagine how that feels...? Maybe you were once poor or middle class? Or if you were born rich, maybe there is a similar but opposite burden? I'm generally a pretty optimistic person - not so optimistic that I play the lottery on a regular basis or anything, but optimistic enough that I keep avoiding bankruptcy, sticking to my budget and moving forward. But it's hard and I'd like to put it out there to the God, the Universe and those in possession of means greater than their needs that I am grateful for your help.

I am grateful for the means that you will provide to me directly, for the business you send my way (I am a small business owner), and for the legislation you will support that will allow more forgiveness of student loans and more reasonable cost of higher education for future generations.

Thanks again, rich folks, you rock.
The-B-Hive

No comments: