Monday, April 6, 2009

The Best Intentions

Ugh. Best intentions to get some studying done today. The very best, but here I sit at the cafe paralyzed. I've got my computer (maybe that's a mistake as it provides such ripe opportunity for procrastination), I've got my books and I've got myriad rude people around me answering their cell phones and having stupid and loud conversations that I care nothing about. What I don't have is 1. a plan, 2. a pen or pencil, 3. scrap paper/notebook or 4. a subscription to the practice test website that I should probably get.

As stated, I have the best of intentions, but it's hard to spend money I don't have to subscribe to this practice test website even though it comes highly recommended. And tomorrow is the free day again - they host a free day 1x per month so you can test out the site and see if you like it. For good or ill, it's always a Tuesday which means it's always a day I work at my clinic - when I first heard about this free day, I scheduled it into the calendar, but still had too much going on at work to use the site. When I finally got home, I forgot all about it.

Tomorrow I have a patient coming in, bills and book keeping to catch up on and a dog date immediately after work, so I'm not sure how well that's going to work out - even so, I'm not going to sign up today if tomorrow is free anyways. Stubborn - I have the best of intentions and I'm stubborn. Meeting A in about an hour and planning to help him with his interview prep and presentation - have been inspired by his focus and hard work, but inspiration does not seem to equal my getting anything done...

Okay, once more into the fray...if I can't get to my studies, at least I can get my personal bills caught up.

No comments: