Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Las Vegas on a Second Date?

I was wondering when I would have a chance to share with the world, or at least the world wide web, my graded system of romantic gestures. I got a phone call tonight that has inspired me to share my theories about what I call Grade 4 and what Brigit Jones calls a "mini-holiday." That's right, I'm talking about going out of town on vacation together. So this must be a serious beau if he’s taking it up a level to Grade 4, you’re thinking – oh no, he’s a one dater that I broke it off with after he too overtly admired my … well, let me just say it’s not the body part you’re thinking of!

Going somewhere together really takes a relationship to the next level. A weekend at the shore or a week in the Caymans, it’s really all the same to me. If you make it happen, my heart is open. I think it's a really big deal to go out of town for the first time with a new partner.

So, this fellow who admired my … let’s just say, cheeks … we’d had one date which was okay – I knew we weren’t going to work out for more than another date and really wasn’t interested even in that much more. So I decided not to waste our time and broke it off, explaining that I really wasn’t into the whole…cheek…thing. After referring to me as cold and berating me for not opening up to him on his time schedule, he apparently decided I wasn’t so bad as he’s now inviting me to join him in an all expenses paid vacation to Las Vegas or Disneyworld.

Having done the whole Disneyland as second date thing, I can honestly report that a change of venue doesn’t change the outcome. In fact, it can make a bad situation worse. Grade 4 gestures should be reserved for relationships in a healthy state of bliss.

No comments: