Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This Week From the CSA

I haven't had a chance to even look at this weeks bag. A brought it home and put it away and our fridge is getting very full with all this produce. It doesn't help that I did a pretty good sized shop or that the top shelf and door of our fridge are relatively unusable because of a delicate seal. So, in my effort to plan and not waste as much as possible, here's my ideas of how to use this week's produce:
  • lettuce - to be made into salad hopefully before it browns! Taco salad? Tomorrow!
  • cabbage - mmm...Indian cobi saag - should make this in the morning or evening and eat as leftovers.
  • broccoli - more?! I love broccoli, but I can't keep up!
  • a sample of the first of the summer squash - where is this?
  • edible pea pods - eat raw?
  • rhubarb - another pie, probably
  • orange carrots - guess I shouldn't have bought that 5 lb bag!
  • an herb plant (mint) - still needs to be repotted

No comments: