This weeks bag includes:
- lettuce - salad, maybe taco tonight?
- a legume of our choice (pea pods or green beans) - probably cleaned and eaten raw as snacks again - they travel well and are delicious
- fava beans - will be roasted with garlic again, they were yummy.
- blueberries - yum!
- Kotata blackberries or gooseberry or jostaberry - yum!
- black cherries - yum!
- fresh cut chives - these will go well with the potatoes I've been craving
- summer squash - if it's zucchini, more zucchini hummus - it's so good - or shredded and lightly cooked with a little cheese - like mac and cheese, only I feel slightly less guilty
Note: the CSA recommends cooking the three types of berries we're getting into a cobbler and I say, no way. These babies are going to be enjoyed fresh and raw! I may like cooking, but I have to say that the raw food movement has definately taught me that some things are best enjoyed in their natural state and berries are one of them! I can't wait to give myself a sweet treat tonight - hope A doesn't eat them all before he gets them home!