Monday, January 18, 2010

Stiching Bitch

I am a goddess of domesticity. Picked up this months Vegetarian Times magazine and discovered some great recipes from culinary students. I decided on a very Julie/Julia whim to make all of them. So far I've made the bruschetta, the green beans and tonight, the soup. All delicious and I think the best is yet to come in a wild mushroom ravioli in browned butter and sage sauce. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

So, after making a fresh soup and cleaning up the kitchen, I threw the laundry in and started pressing my sewing project. Yes, I said sewing project. At long last, I am sewing. Just a couple of car garbage bags to start with, but still, sewing. With my new computerized sewing machine that I got for Christmas. And it was so easy. Granted, I wasn't doing anything too complicated, I wasn't quilting or embroidering or anything like that, just a couple simple straight lines to close up the straps for the bag, but I feel so very accomplished.

If I was a housewife/homemaker, I would be the Queen of Suburbia. I might already be the Queen of Suburbia because I do a lot (read: IT ALL!) while owning and running my own business. Basically, I kick ass. And I do it with only the tiniest resentment that my partner isn't very domestic (domesticated?)...but I guess I do like my men wild.

No comments: