Monday, January 4, 2010

OMG, I love Veganomicon

I don't even know where to start this story...at VegFest where I did NOT buy VCon? With the other soup I made from VCon? Or perhaps with my New Year New Food Planning Plan? Since A awaits me below with a video (free video day from RedBox - holla!), I'll be brief.

I have a New Year New Food Planning Plan. Part of that plan is to make a specifically vegan dinner one night of the week...actually, now that I think of it, tonight was soup night...and tomorrow's planned meal covers multiple categories, too...okay, let me explain. The Productivity Pro's mom had 31 meals that she made every month. I thought this was brilliant, but couldn't think of even 7 recipes/meals that I knew how to make and wanted to repeat.

My alternative is to select 7 categories of meals and make 1 from each category each week. Ala Julie/Julia (I confess I just read the book and watched the movie), but with a little more leeway. So my categories are: vegan, raw, soup, rice/beans, pasta, Indian and take out/date night, because come on, let's be realistic.

So for dinner tonight, soup night (not vegan night after all, but since VCon is in action, it turns out to be), I made VCon's Broccoli-Potato Soup with Fresh Herbs. I made A stop by the market for mint on the way home and it was totally worth it. I had salad ready for us when he come home - that and the baguette he picked up held us over until the soup was ready. I almost wish I had more room for soup tonight, but on the other hand, I can't wait for leftovers tomorrow!

Tomorrow's plan: Pumpkin Saag - Indian and vegan!

No comments: