- Swimsuit, sarong, bandana, sun hat, sunglasses
- Underwear (1 pair each day +2)
- Socks (in warm weather: 2 pair; in cold weather: 1 pair per day + 2)
- Lounge wear (comfy's that can also be worn as PJs or work out clothes)
- Sneakers, sandles, dress shoes per occassion
- Interchangable outfits for 1/2 the days of travel - plan to rewear, you probably will anyways!
- Formal/occassional wear per occassion
Toiletries and First Aid
- Make up: tinted lip balm and a waterproof mascara, eye makeup remover
- Misc: nail clippers and tweezers
- Regular toiletries - toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, shave kit, soap, shampoo, conditioner, deoderant, aftershave, lotion, hair products
Next time: share toiletries like shampoo and/or take 1/2 empty bottles or hotel bottles so you can just leave them behind!
- First Aid: aftersun lotion, SPF, seasick meds, bug spray, papaya pills, eye drops, stress drops, all purpose salve, sleeping pills, cold sore meds, aspirin, arnica and tums
Next time: Keep the meds where you need them. We actually didn't use much of this, but I would have if it wasn't such work to get them out.
Gear and Misc:
- Pen and little notebook
- Day pack - maybe not a camel back - mine was always too heavy and a water bottle would have worked just as well. Each person needs their own day pack and to carry their own identification, credit card and cash!
- Water bottle or travel mug
- Cell phone, charger
- Camera, batteries, memory cards - underwater camera case if going anywhere for snorkel and SCUBA - ESSENTIAL! Holy crap, I didn't know what life was missing until we got this case. It's incredible to take pictures of things underwater. I want one for my camera, post haste! Oh yeah, if you're going to be in or near the water, get on of these!
Were we to do this entire trip over again, I actually think A and I could almost pack into a single suitcase. Let's see how that goes in April when we travel with his family to Hawaii and A meets his goal of visiting all 50 states!