Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cruising Day 1: Leaving Miami

Got up later than expected and chaos ensued. How to get 25 people staying at 3+ locations, all their luggage and 15-20 gift bags to the pier terminal and onto the boat using only a minivan? Patience, lots of patience. Lucky for A and I, who don't function well when we aren't fed well, the bride's family had planned ahead and called us all into their room to start the day with a meal together. Yeah! Despite the madness, we all made in onto the boat and the cruise departed on time.

What I Learned:
  1. Destination weddings are a lot of work.
  2. Gift bags are a lot of work.
  3. Every adult should be responsible for their own baggage, their own transportation, and their own room number. [I was none of the above, but I think it would have been less stressful for everyone involved if every adult took those on.]
  4. If I'm not going to eat it at lunch, I shouldn't take it with me.
My Favorite Part: Getting away from it all!

No comments: