1 6-inch piece cucumber
l small onion
1 green chili *Use Thai or Serrano chilies
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1. Seed and chop the tomatoes and cucumber, mince the onion, andcombine in a medium-mixing bowl.
2. Seed and chop the chili, and add it to the mixture.
3. Tear the cilantro into pieces and stir into the cachumba.
4. Add the cumin, salt, and pepper; mix well.
5. Pour the lime juice over and toss.
6. Let sit for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld. Do notrefrigerate before serving.