Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Taking Risks

I'm putting my job at risk to go on vacation in the Caribbean in December. This reminds me of the time I quit my job because my long-distance boyfriend was coming into town and I couldn't get time off. I regretted that decision intermittently since we broke up, but didn't think twice about it at the time. Was it worth it? Yes. I dated that man for another two years and we had a great reunion.

Will it be worth it if I lose my job in December? Maybe. The vacation will be worth a lot - visiting Haiti, Mexico and Jamaica with A will be so fun. But the negative experience of losing my retail job could be really bad - losing the freebies, losing the discount, losing my health insurance. Well, wish me luck, because our tickets are purchased, and I'm going either way.

No comments: